Thursday, February 02, 2006

Travel - Kunshan, China

I just returned from a 16 day stay in China. The first two weeks were for work and not much more. My company is starting up a new plant in Kunshan (about 1.5 hrs outside of Shanghai) and we were there to get approval from our customer to begin shipping parts. Flying into Shanghai Pudong airport was a bit daunting b/c of my lack understanding of Mandarin. Ugh. I thought that I could retain some mandarin through the podcasts from ChinesePod.com, but it just went in one ear, bounced around my brain for about 5 minutes, and leaked out the other. Glad to say, the driver was waiting for me at the airport like a good driver should and wisked me away to our hotel in Kunshan. Checked in, called up Meric and Young and waited for them to pick me up and head out for some night life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home